< Princess Eden Adams: She's back for about three seconds

Princess Eden Adams

A place learn about Eden Adams and her fight against Neuroblastoma.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

She's back for about three seconds

Eden arrived safe and sound this afternoon from camp. She said she had a good time, but I didn't get any details before her mom whisked her off to Grove City. She'll spend the night here and then I'll roll her and her dad out bright and early to drive them to the airport to say goodbye.

They're due to leave around 8:30 AM, so I'll get her just in time to put her to bed and then see her off.

I'm SO not happy about being separated from her during treatment. She and I have a very good rapport for the tough stuff, the boring stuff and the fun stuff. Since she and I do almost all of the mundane, day-to-day treament stuff together we both know that we can count on the other for strength, encouragement and laughs. I hope she doesn't resent me for not being with her. I have no choice in the matter. I can only hope that one day she will understand why and still love me for being powerless in these choices.

Thanks to the Richey's for the Hee Haw DVD's! Eden will love having them to watch and listen to this week. She says that the music on the show makes her SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. I found a maze book for her to take along, she's really been enjoying the maze craze. This one is all castles, so she can pretend to be a lost princess.

She has crayons, coloring books, surprise ink books, card games and much more that she is planning to take along. All of these things are ok to throw away to her, as we have talked about it more then once in the last few weeks. She's excited, but a little wary of the new stuff, place and people. She's a trooper and I know she'll have them all "EDENIZED" before she leaves Philly.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see things are going well. Tell Eden 'hi' for me, and that I keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Cheers!

-Lin Rice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home