< Princess Eden Adams: Change in Plans!

Princess Eden Adams

A place learn about Eden Adams and her fight against Neuroblastoma.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Change in Plans!

I just got off the phone with Dr. Mosse in Philly and it seems that after starting the background check on Edens medical history she is not eligible for the BSO because of the amount of radiation she has had to her Kidneys in the past. There have been a few children who have died on this study early on so they have very very strict guidelines and I for one am glad they are in place. After all of this I refuse to lose her to kidney failure!! SO, we had all of our plans set for two weeks in Philly and my poor sister now has a flight scheduled for Philly from Chicago and guess what... We wont be there!

Dr. Mosse feels very confident about this oral Chemo combo that she would like to try now. This is a very safe combo and the idea is to hit the cancer and reduce her load and then go back another trial .... more then likely the Antibody study. We know that Eden has responded well to chemo in the past and we are hoping she will again! This chemo Combo can all be done here in Columbus which we are thankful for and Little Miss Pinky is going to be pink for a long time cause she aint losin her hair!!!! LOL I just had to laugh when Dr. Mosse said she heard about Eden's pink hair and that this drug will not cause her to lose it. Eden on the other hand is very upset because she was all set to be bald again.... go figure. She is also upset about not getting to go back to Philly any time soon so I promised her we would plan a mini Vacation using the money we would have spent getting to Philly.... If you have any good ideas we would love to hear them?

Keep the pink pictures coming because Eden is going to need company in the world of pink! By the way she LOVES the pictures we have put up so far...

Nothing really has changed we are still in a very tough spot and I cant say if this new turn of events is a good thing or a bad thing because only time will tell. Please keep praying.

4 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a picture with pink hair to add to Eden's collection, but I don't know how to send it in. Can someone give me some guidlines? :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope this new chemo combo knocks the NB right out of Eden! I think it's great that she'll be able to keep the pink hair! I hope she ends up happy about not losing her hair, I know she was ready to lose it. I still need to put a little pink in my hair. Hopefully this weekend i'll be able to. The pictures of her supporters hair look great!

Hmm, a mini vacation... I think Florida would be a great place. Not just because I live in FL.. :) but because there's so much to do and see. Stay strong!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger the Thomas team said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about having to switch plans!! I know about having lost hundreds on untraveled airplane tickets!

Just in case you didn't know: Southwest air opened up a non-stop route out of Columbus in July!! US Air matched their prices and we're going to Philly for $46.00 each way in January. Check into it! It's really so cheap to get there now I can't believe it. I hope it lasts and that this new oral chemo gets her NED forever!!

Much love and prayers,
Angela

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have a GREAT IDEA!!! The weekend of St Pattys day, NYC, at the famous Boathouse resturant there will be a St Baldricks thon, shaving your hair for Childhood cancer... hmm... maybe Eden could go bald again if she gets tired of that hair, I am sure she could get a lot of sponsors. Then top it off with a GREAT St Patricks parade on Saturday, Toys R US in times Square...with an indoor ferris wheel, American Girl Doll store and there may even be a CCH nurse coming with her little boy.. sounds like a reunion waiting to happen. Let me know, I know a hotel that is close and Cheap (if there is a word in NYC)
Good Luck!!!

Amy

p.s. JET BLUE has a great promo now also, I know its Pittsburgh to NYC 29.00 one way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home