< Princess Eden Adams: Slow Progress

Princess Eden Adams

A place learn about Eden Adams and her fight against Neuroblastoma.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Slow Progress

I just spoke with Rourke who has been at clinic with Eden all morning and they have decided to wait until Thursday to start the chemo. Her red and white counts are fine, but her Platelets are only at 40,000. That tells us they are starting to hold their own and on their way up but not there just yet. Normally they would require them to be 75,000 but we are only looking for 50,000 to start.

She only received this chemo at 75% of what she got this time last year which tells me that her body is really having a hard time recovering from even small doses, which is to be expected. Her little body has been through so much treatment in the last 3 years that I am just grateful that she is tolerating it this well.

If we don’t find something that knocks the cancer down so it can’t get up for awhile we will slowly start to run out of options of drugs that she can tolerate and the Cancer won’t hesitate to take full advantage of our misfortune and treat her body like a play ground. I feel so strongly that the cure is out there but so helpless that I can’t do anything to find it.

I know there must be a reason that she has to go through all of this but Lord Help me, I just don’t see it!

Please keep penelope in your prayers, she is only 4 years old and such an amazing spirit. http://www.caringbridge.org/ny/penelope/.

How do I express how unfair I think this is without sounding ungrateful for what we have?

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Princess! I hope you are still feeling great and your counts continue to raise. You are such an inspiration to so many people with the strength and courage you have with all that you endure! Keep fighting Eden!!
Hugs and Prayers
Julia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home